- In the first 24 hours since Game Maker 8 became available it was downloaded over 20,000 times. This is about 5 times the normal number of Game Maker downloads seen in a day.
- Various benchmarks have been created by Game Maker users to compare the performance of versions 7 and 8. RinkuHero wrote “I don’t think those tests are very reliable (no offense), because I did a few other tests and found significant improvements. My tests were more ‘real world’: things people would actually commonly use game maker for, and comparing frame rates. I found gm8 is about triple the speed of gm7 when it comes to game load times (for large games), and about double when it comes to for loops and repeat loops (with variable assignment inside the loops), but equal when it comes to drawing.”
- Popular community website GameJolt have announced a beta of their in-game Achievements system.
- StudioEres are holding a “pay what you like” sale on Immortal Defense. The highly rated tower defence game usually sells for $14.95. After 125 sales the average price paid per downloader is almost $2.40.
- There is still a week left to vote for your favourite Game Maker websites and services in our 2009 awards.
Related Posts via Categories
- GMB is up for Sale!
- Ownership Change – What Now For GMB?
- GameMaker Blog Ceasing Publication
- Exclusive Interview With The Creator Of GameMaker
- Community Links – New Exports, GDC Showreel, First Tizen Devices
- Community Links – Steam Greenlight Stats, 3D Animation, Squirrels
- Weekend Community Links – Steam Rollback, Custom IDE and Slow Down Explanation
- Weekend Community Links – Call of the Wild, Free Halo 4, EXE Creation Returns
- Weekend Community Links – EXE Packing, Android Guide, Steam Record
- Community Links – YoYo Twitter Support, Win 8 Rebate, Secret Santa
« Game Maker 8.0 Released Game Review – Kick Santa In The Nuts (Krakko) »