- Topic at the GMC asking about the possibility of Game Maker going open source. The debate seems somehow to have turned into a discussion about the differences (or lack of) between piracy and theft. With regards to the original question NakedPaulToast puts it best as he so often does – people simply aren’t interesting in contributing to an Open Source Game Maker as can be seen by the LateralGM and Enigma projects.
- Something which will no doubt be reported in many places: The deadline for people wishing to upgrade a version of Game Maker 7 purchased in 2009 to version 8 for free is at the end the month. Surely anyone who cared about Game Maker would have done this already…
- A quick blog post about someone creating their first iPhone game using the Unity 3D game development engine.
Related Posts via Categories
- Ownership Change – What Now For GMB?
- GameMaker Blog Ceasing Publication
- Exclusive Interview With The Creator Of GameMaker
- Community Links – New Exports, GDC Showreel, First Tizen Devices
- Community Links – Steam Greenlight Stats, 3D Animation, Squirrels
- Weekend Community Links – Steam Rollback, Custom IDE and Slow Down Explanation
- Weekend Community Links – Call of the Wild, Free Halo 4, EXE Creation Returns
- Weekend Community Links – EXE Packing, Android Guide, Steam Record
- Community Links – YoYo Twitter Support, Win 8 Rebate, Secret Santa
- Weekend Community Links – DRM, Steam Workshop, Free Upgrades
« GMTalk Game Maker Podcast – Episode 2 Some Questions about the YoYo Games Homepage »