YoYo Games member Big Machine has created a video showing 25 of their favourite entries so far in YoYo Games’ fifth, handheld devices themed, competition.
So far there have been over 250 entries. The deadline for submissions is now just a couple of days away – Tuesday March 30th at midnight GMT.
Links to download all the games featured in the video are below.
- Combiblock by Hrothgar (puzzle)
- Ne Touchez Pas IV by NAL (arcade)
- Flying Scrap by slayer 64 (3d racer)
- Tetrex by a saurus1 (breakout)
- Geometric Rain by Hambagear Games (arcade)
- Redzone by Big Machine (arcade)
- Blackfoot by DanFornace (platform)
- Crash Landing by Grinning Gorilla … (arcade)
- Fwippat by tucky474 (maze puzzler)
- Zoo Escape 3d by sakisa (3d maze puzzler) – surely a favourite to receive a prize?
- Extinction 3d by sakisa (gta2-style zombie escape)
- Timewave 2 by Lapixx (puzzle platformer)
- Wootman Zero by TheMordeus (platform)
- Ninja Penguin by Blue Penguin (3d maze style fighter)
- RC Aerobatics by nakki1 (3d stunt-pilot game)
- Handle by GamesatJBSclassicmod (platform)
- Tower of Heaven by Aski (platform) – finalist in 2BeeGames’ $10,000 contest last year
- Lightline by Xihark (puzzle)
- P-Lox Light by mocke (reminds me of bubble trouble)
- Adventures of Colin Turner by Benn (platform)
- Bug Handheld by koei (platform) – uses copyrighted sprites??
- Team Warfare by toadfrogs (worms style)
- Block05 by Ligisten (puzzle)
- Plob by damo566 (platform)
- Pulse 2: Clone by bawat (co-op platform puzzle)
I’ve played less than half the games featured in the video and whilst I think some are high quality and in with a good chance of winning there are a fair few with shoddy graphics listed above. Of course often we see some of the best games arriving just a few hours before the contest deadline.
What are your favourite titles from those above? There are plenty of different genres to choose from.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios