- The deadline for submissions to YoYo Games’ handheld-game themed competition was last night (midnight GMT between the 30th and 31st, not 24-hours earlier as reported elsewhere). In total there were over 500 entries, with approximately half uploaded during the last day of the three month contest. It will take some time (and patience!) to play through the entries and decide on the winning game and 2nd and 3rd placed submissions. A video featuring 25 of the earlier entries can be found here.
- There has been a small discussion regarding a runner Aragon1029 is working on to enable Game Maker created games to run on the Wii homebrew channel. Here is a video of it in action on a very basic game. Writing last week Aragon1029 said, “I should be able to release a very basic converter before the month’s over”.
- Grabeorama.com is a promising looking Game Maker game reviews website. Recent reviews include And Everything Started To Fall and Skydiver II, the game which YoYo Games demonstrated running on a Sony PSP.
- In media news the Game Maker Gazette blog is reporting that it has been sold for $150 to GMIndie.
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th
- [Tutorial] HTML5 games and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Pre-Order Free DLC brings Winter to the Old World
- Feedspot puts GameMaker Blog in top 50 Game Development Blogs
- Albion Online: Calls out DDOS Criminals during Server Restart