A couple of months back we reported that YoYo Games’ newly created marketplace, which they named the YoYo App Store, might have to change its name because “App Store” is a registered trademark of Apple.
It appears this might have been the case as the online marketplace has now been renamed to the “YoYo Game Store” and is accessible at a new website address.
As seen in the image on the right a prominent, but currently disabled, “Submit your game to the store” banner is now present. Despite this the process to submit a game to the store can be accessed here.
After supplying your game name, description, details of the controls used and assigning your creation to a category you can upload an editable (Game Maker 6+) version of your game, an executable file or zipped folder. All uploaded games must be approved by YoYo Games before they appear in the store.
No pricing/revenue information is available, other than a suggestion that payments will be made through PayPal.
Documentation and terms and conditions are not yet present so it is unclear as to whether this process is for the submission of PC games only or for those that are to be/have been modified to appear on iOS. Kirsty’s comment earlier in the week was not very clear on this point either.
- GameMaker Studio 2 adding C# region type syntax code folding soon
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th
- [Tutorial] HTML5 games and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Pre-Order Free DLC brings Winter to the Old World
- Feedspot puts GameMaker Blog in top 50 Game Development Blogs