A collection of comments about Game Maker 8.1 development crudely stolen from YoYo Games employees tweets.
A combination of bug fixes, usability enhancements and new features will be present in Game Maker 8.1:
- There’s currently around 28 new features/changes!!! Not to mention a good few bug fixes! I wonder how many going from GM 7 to GM8 had. The best thing is that they are almost all very visible changes, not “under the hood” ones. Should make it feel like a much bigger upgrade. [MD, MD]
- Just finished doing a new EXE encryption. Nothing amazing, but should block things for a little while. could even change it with each release. [MD]
- Marking a block in the code editor, and then “tabbing” it now tabs in a BLOCK of text, while SHIFT-TAB un-indents it! [MD]
- You can now “cancel” the code completion box by pressing escape. Also new code editor tool bar icon that allows you to switch it off and on at will! [MD, MD]
- Can’t do ++ and –. The parser just isn’t written that way, so it would me a fairly major rewrite [MD]
- Code editor drawing sped up. Not sure how much others will notice, but every little bit as they say! [MD,MD]
- Currently adding “tiny” features… draw_self() has been added.looking to see if instance_destroy(instance) is easy to add as well…. [MD]
- Faster 3D – who woulda thunk it? [AM]
- GameMaker Studio 2 Winter Sale brings warm savings to developers
- [Giveaway] Deios 2 Steam Key Holiday Giveaway
- GameMakerBlog Levels up with new IndieDevHelp initiative
- [Indie Interview] uZombie made in GameMaker!
- [Giveaway] LetThemCome rewards GameMaker Community with chances to win free steam keys