Ludum Dare 21 is currently under way, the indie game creation contest and jam runs until the end of this weekend with the theme “Escape”. Entrants using GameMaker include FolisDev and NaturallyMade, a longer list can be found here. The site, featuring development blog post from those taking part, is currently experiencing some difficulties due to high levels of traffic.
Anna Anthropy and Rob Fearon have blogged about their disappointment regarding the pricing and focus of GameMaker.
“Unfortunately, in 2007 Mark Overmars sold Game Maker to a Scottish corporation called YoYo Games that has steadily mismanaged one of the most liberating creative tools of our time.” –Anna
“The past 12 months have shown me that there are people working at YoYoGames who get it, who understand the strength Gamemaker has. It’s also shown me that ultimately, it doesn’t matter.” –Rob
Game Jolt and indie(Function) are running a “Music Interpretation” contest which starts today and runs until 24th September. Full rules and details of the prizes (game features) are available at the GameJolt forum.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios