Two issues of indie(Magazine) have been released since we last mentioned the GameMaker and Flashpunk publication. The interview in the twelfth issue [left-click pdf] was with Jeffrey Rosen who started the Humble Indie Bundle games package. Issue 13 [left-click pdf] features an interview with Matt Thorson who used GameMaker to create his earlier games. It also switches away from the green cover and theme used for the past few issues which had been making the magazine unreadable for some.
Jeff Hangartner released an iOS game in June which “is down to basically around 2 sales a day”. In what will eventually become a 5-part article he writes about the techniques he has used to promote the game. The first part of the 5-post article covers social media marketing and discusses the pros and cons of various services, including how he managed to get a plug from the @YoYoGameMaker twitter account – for a game not made in GameMaker.
The Importance Of Game Jams – Adam Rademacher with some thoughts on Gamasutra after participating in the recent Ludum Dare 21.
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th
- [Tutorial] HTML5 games and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Pre-Order Free DLC brings Winter to the Old World
- Feedspot puts GameMaker Blog in top 50 Game Development Blogs
- Albion Online: Calls out DDOS Criminals during Server Restart