Two issues of indie(Magazine) have been released since we last mentioned the GameMaker and Flashpunk publication. The interview in the twelfth issue [left-click pdf] was with Jeffrey Rosen who started the Humble Indie Bundle games package. Issue 13 [left-click pdf] features an interview with Matt Thorson who used GameMaker to create his earlier games. It also switches away from the green cover and theme used for the past few issues which had been making the magazine unreadable for some.
Jeff Hangartner released an iOS game in June which “is down to basically around 2 sales a day”. In what will eventually become a 5-part article he writes about the techniques he has used to promote the game. The first part of the 5-post article covers social media marketing and discusses the pros and cons of various services, including how he managed to get a plug from the @YoYoGameMaker twitter account – for a game not made in GameMaker.
The Importance Of Game Jams – Adam Rademacher with some thoughts on Gamasutra after participating in the recent Ludum Dare 21.
- GameMakerBlog in Top Ten of Top Gaming Blogs to Follow in 2018
- GameMaker Studio 2 Winter Sale brings warm savings to developers
- [Giveaway] Deios 2 Steam Key Holiday Giveaway
- GameMakerBlog Levels up with new IndieDevHelp initiative
- [Indie Interview] uZombie made in GameMaker!