Two issues of indie(Magazine) have been released since we last mentioned the GameMaker and Flashpunk publication. The interview in the twelfth issue [left-click pdf] was with Jeffrey Rosen who started the Humble Indie Bundle games package. Issue 13 [left-click pdf] features an interview with Matt Thorson who used GameMaker to create his earlier games. It also switches away from the green cover and theme used for the past few issues which had been making the magazine unreadable for some.
Jeff Hangartner released an iOS game in June which “is down to basically around 2 sales a day”. In what will eventually become a 5-part article he writes about the techniques he has used to promote the game. The first part of the 5-post article covers social media marketing and discusses the pros and cons of various services, including how he managed to get a plug from the @YoYoGameMaker twitter account – for a game not made in GameMaker.
The Importance Of Game Jams – Adam Rademacher with some thoughts on Gamasutra after participating in the recent Ludum Dare 21.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios