YoYo Games have sent a $20 off coupon code to those who signed up to the GameMaker:HTML5 Beta mailing list. The code, which is valid until Tuesday September 27th (6 days), will enable users to purchase GameMaker:HTML5 for $79 (~£50, ~â‚¬58). The beta is due to be released tomorrow.
RC has developed a signature “Game Card Generator” for YoYo Games. The dynamic signatures contain statistics about a chosen game on YoYoGames.com, a game screenshot and custom message.
A new Game Maker magazine, titled IndieGo, is due to release its first issue tomorrow. The team plan to charge 80p to download a .pdf version and £2.50 for a hard copy. A “demo” issue which was posted online and deservedly attracted criticism for its poor quality.
With the first issue due for release on the same day as the GameMaker:HTML5 beta goes public and YoYo Games’ Kirsty stating that they have been “involved with Indie Go” it will be interesting to see what the issue contains. But after seeing the the demo issue I doubt many will be prepared to pay 80p to see what’s inside!
Forum posts: GMC, YYGF
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios