During last weekend there was game expo event in Szczecin (Poland), where guys from Polish community got their own stand. Promotion of GameMaker as game dev tool for programmers and non-programmers, presentation on stage for all visitors, games made in GameMaker playable on stand – that’s how it was looking. Mainly there was shown two games that are under development by Gear-Studio group: Alien Territory (online shooter) and Almora (RPG) which should be released next year. For visitors there was tournament every hour – for best frag score in Alien Territory there was special mug from Gear-Studio team with logo of their products. All promotional materials were made from GS own money, but stand, two 40” LED TVs and two PCs were sponsored (in total there was 6 PCs on stand for playing games, and Mac for presentation).
Next year the Polish Game Maker Community, GMCLAN, turns 10 years old, and it will be celebrated during SzczecinGamesShow, together with releasing Gear-Studio games. It’s probably the biggest non-official GM community.
At what was the third game expo in Szczecin, the GameMaker stand with Gear-Studio games and GameMaker presentations was visited by more than 20,000 people.
- GameMaker Studio 2 Winter Sale brings warm savings to developers
- [Giveaway] Deios 2 Steam Key Holiday Giveaway
- GameMakerBlog Levels up with new IndieDevHelp initiative
- [Indie Interview] uZombie made in GameMaker!
- [Giveaway] LetThemCome rewards GameMaker Community with chances to win free steam keys