YoYo Games have released a screenshot of the GameMaker IDE and a GameMaker game running on the Fedora 15 distribution of Linux. This is a ported version of the three year old GameMaker 7, using the Game Maker for Mac Lazarus codebase rather than the latest 8.1 derivative.
Writing on Twitter Russell Kay stated that YoYo Games are looking at the possibility of getting the GameMaker maker, or IDE, running on the $25 RaspberryPi computer which is soon to be placed on sale.
The latest version of GameMaker is currently only available for Windows.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios