Legend of Iya (pronounced Ee-yah) has raised over $75,000 on the popular crowdfunding website Kickstarter. Made entirely in GameMaker 8.1, the project has been in development for a decade according to Andrew Bado, the sole developer. Legend of Iya is a 2D story-driven platformer game centered around a young protagonist who unknowingly finds herself lost in a fantasy world. The game is set for release on Windows (with Mac, Ouya, and Linux ports planned) around the end of 2014.
Kickstarter has proven to be a valuable fund-raising platform for GameMaker developers. Legend of Iya joins the growing ranks of GameMaker projects that have been successfully funded on Kickstarter.
- [GameMaker Tutorial] How to setup a simple slot machine reward system
- [GameMaker Tutorial] Drawing custom health bars with sprite parts
- GameMaker Studio 2 Annouces official Mac version in newly released 2.1 milestone
- GameMaker Studio 2 adding C# region type syntax code folding soon
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th