Update: This event has now ended. Here are the results »
YoYo Games, the developers of GameMaker Studio, have announced a new competition. The ‘Tizen Game Drive’ invites developers from all over the world to win a share of $60,000 in prizes by publishing their GameMaker Studio games to the Tizen store.
The competition runs from the 21st of November 2013 to the 31st of January 2014.
Tizen is a Linux-based operating system which is backed by Intel and Samsung amongst others, and is seen as a way to cut industry ties with Google’s popular mobile operating system Android.
The newly launched Tizen Game Drive features an overall competition as well as random cash prize giveaways that all entrants have a chance to win.
“We were inspired to develop the Tizen Game Drive to encourage aspiring developers and seasoned veterans within the GameMaker Studio development community to see for themselves how easy it is to publish games to the Tizen platform,” said Stuart Poole, head of publishing and partnerships at YoYo Games. “It’s our way of giving back to our community and enticing developers to take advantage the opportunity to be involved with an exciting new mobile ecosystem at launch.”
YoYo Games will be awarding cash prizes based on the following criteria: graphics, audio, controls, gameplay and fun. All entrants are automatically entered into the random prize draw where 40 individuals winners will receive $1,000 each.
Cash prizes include:
- 1st place will receive $10,000 (one winner)
- 2nd place will receive $2,500 (two winners)
- 3rd place will receive $1,000 (five winners)
- Random prize draw winners will receive $1,000 (forty winners)
To enable more developers to enter the competition, YoYo Games have made GameMaker Studio’s Tizen export module available for free.
We’ve listed some additional resources below to assist entrants. Good luck everyone!
- GameMaker Studio 2 Winter Sale brings warm savings to developers
- [Giveaway] Deios 2 Steam Key Holiday Giveaway
- GameMakerBlog Levels up with new IndieDevHelp initiative
- [Indie Interview] uZombie made in GameMaker!
- [Giveaway] LetThemCome rewards GameMaker Community with chances to win free steam keys