YoYo Games today announced that GameMaker Studio 2 Beta is now available for all to purchase.
This is exciting news for developers wishing to get theirs hands on the newly released software and owners of GM:S Professional can get it the upgrade for just $59.99. This is a one time purchase of the software in its current state and also after the full release.
Giving in to developer demand this is sure to be a very popular move amongst the game-dev community, with more and more people itching to get hold of the latest edition of GameMaker to begin their latest project.
Some great looking games are already being developed with the new software, including NYKRA which featured in our first ever Kickstarter Spotlight article recently.
The software is still in beta and so Yoyo Games still wants your feedback on what works and what doesn’t in order to deliver the best platform for you to make your games a reality.
Read the full announcement from Yoyo Games here.
Get GameMaker Studio 2 here.
If you try it out and would like to share your thoughts then please get in touch using the contact form or comment below.
- [GameMaker Tutorial] How to setup a simple slot machine reward system
- [GameMaker Tutorial] Drawing custom health bars with sprite parts
- GameMaker Studio 2 Annouces official Mac version in newly released 2.1 milestone
- GameMaker Studio 2 adding C# region type syntax code folding soon
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th