Garion’s first blog post in 2007 consisted of ten things he disliked about Game Maker Version 7.0 and the Game Maker Community.
Many of the points I consider to be valid such as the intensive memory usage which gamemaker requires and the large minimum file size for the simplest of games which Garion demonstrates by creating a game consisting of a single grey screen which came to 2.19MB.
Garion disabled comments after a barrage of abuse after expressing his own opinions on his own blog. I quite agree that everyone has a right to their opinion, but I also believe that Garion should not come under abuse simply because of his beliefs about gamemaker. Honestly people, calm down. Gamemaker is not a matter of life or death (awaiting comments saying no, it’s more important).
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th
- [Tutorial] HTML5 games and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Pre-Order Free DLC brings Winter to the Old World
- Feedspot puts GameMaker Blog in top 50 Game Development Blogs
- Albion Online: Calls out DDOS Criminals during Server Restart