Garion’s first blog post in 2007 consisted of ten things he disliked about Game Maker Version 7.0 and the Game Maker Community.
Many of the points I consider to be valid such as the intensive memory usage which gamemaker requires and the large minimum file size for the simplest of games which Garion demonstrates by creating a game consisting of a single grey screen which came to 2.19MB.
Garion disabled comments after a barrage of abuse after expressing his own opinions on his own blog. I quite agree that everyone has a right to their opinion, but I also believe that Garion should not come under abuse simply because of his beliefs about gamemaker. Honestly people, calm down. Gamemaker is not a matter of life or death (awaiting comments saying no, it’s more important).
- GameMakerBlog in Top Ten of Top Gaming Blogs to Follow in 2018
- GameMaker Studio 2 Winter Sale brings warm savings to developers
- [Giveaway] Deios 2 Steam Key Holiday Giveaway
- GameMakerBlog Levels up with new IndieDevHelp initiative
- [Indie Interview] uZombie made in GameMaker!