Game developer Zedman_3d stated that The Warriors path has come to an end. He claimed that the development could no longer continue because of Game Maker’s speed problems.
Cameron and Zedman both wrote a closing speech on this topic at their forums. “The game could barely handle a few plants on the ground” said Zedman. Though the game ran on a dll called Ultimate3d, the game still needed to communicate with a server which added extra lag. After talking with Zedman, he says he will move the files onto another hard drive rather than delete them all together. This way they still have the opportunity to continue on the game if they ever choose to do so.
But with all this work, Combustion Entertainment has found out what is like to be a real game developer.
- [Tutorial] HTML5 games and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Pre-Order Free DLC brings Winter to the Old World
- Feedspot puts GameMaker Blog in top 50 Game Development Blogs
- Albion Online: Calls out DDOS Criminals during Server Restart
- HumbleBundle for GameMaker: Studio 1.4