They are arrogant – slogganing their magazine with the phrase “Its not about beating the competition – because we’ve already won”, which they also managed to mis-quote on their blog.
The issue is poorly laid out. Making terrible use of empty space, with large borders and cramped text.
They take digs at Game Maker Magazine, “I ain’t gonna steal GMT’s design like GMM”, after the issue had been resolved between Game Maker Magazine and Game Maker Tech.
Sure, these issues are probably similar to those faced by every Game Maker magazine that starts out, and will probably improve with time.
But, to top it all, it appears anonymouss joined the magazine team after the release of the first issue. I haven’t mentioned my view on anonymouss publicly before – but I’m sure some of you know that he irritates me. Anonymouss takes every available opportunity to promote his site. If this was only done at relevant times then fair play, but he will find any reason to include a link from the GMC to iWannaPlay. Take for example this rather blatent attempt.
I don’t want to read what looks like it is turning into yet another advert for iWannaPlay, as seen in this screenshot released of Issue 2:
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th
- [Tutorial] HTML5 games and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Pre-Order Free DLC brings Winter to the Old World
- Feedspot puts GameMaker Blog in top 50 Game Development Blogs
- Albion Online: Calls out DDOS Criminals during Server Restart