GMKing Podcast #5

on January 5, 2009 - 6715 Views

I refuse to call this an ‘Audcast’ but thankfully this once-in-a-blue-moon GameMaker discussion has re-branded itself GMCast after taking the name from a rival to GameMaker TV which never materialised.

Listen as Robin Monks, Dan Eggers and myself make fools of ourselves while talking about topics such as the best GameMaker games of 2008, the security issues effecting GameMaker and YoYo Games’ instant play and a summary of the events last year.

Cringe at the cheesy opening and at my reluctance to speak as I find that recording a podcast with people I’ve never met is much harder than writing a blog or magazine article.  Disagree with our thought-up-in-10-minutes round-up of the best games of the year and complain that the entirety of my pre-record is taken from previous GameMaker Blog posts.

But above all tell us what we can do to improve.  What kind of features would you like to see on the show?

13 Responses to GMKing Podcast #5

1. Caniac says:

you are certainly right, you are making fools out of yourselfs ;)

so, is there a download or a listen link?

2. Robin Monks says:

Actually, we’ve used “GMcast” as a shortening of GMking audCAST since Ep 2, back in June of 2007.

And, it was a lot of fun getting to work with Dan and Phil. Hopefully we can do it again real soon!

Robin

3. Phil Gamble says:

I drafted the post but was away on other business when the time came to release it and tuntis did not add a link when he published it. (Blame him not me!) :P

4. Leif902 says:

I’m glad to see that this is still being worked on.

5. Schalk says:

Very informative.

6. Broxter says:

Downloading now…
    Can’t wait to hear an English accent instead of that annoying American dialogue! :D

7. tuntis says:

Hey, Robin just told me to publish it, I assumed it had a link ready :(

8. Phil Gamble says:

@Leif902
    Hopefully they will now be produced more often than twice a year.

@Broxter
    Apparently I sound like Harry Potter.

@tuntis
    No worries, I wasn’t sure if it would be published in its usual place or if there would be a direct link to the episode.

9. NakedPaulToast says:

The thing I don’t like about English accents is the Englishmen that comes with it.

10. Robin Monks says:

NakedPaulToast :“Can’t wait to hear an English accent instead of that annoying American dialogue!”

Dare I ask how you feel about Canadian accents? :P

11. Broxter says:

Oh my… you do sound like Harry Potter! Hell, I wasn’t expecting that!
    Man, I really imagined yuor voice to be a lot different. It’s kinda weird; now, when I read your posts, I’m going to be thinking of the accent…