As of today the idea pitched by grimmjow on April 17th, has taken course as the very first Game Maker Community Game has been started.
“The Game Maker Community Game (GMCG) is a game created together by the community, hence the name. It was sparked by some interest in a community topic: A GMC compiled game and from there on became reality.”
The positions that are needed include:
– Pixel artist
– Concept artist
– Graphics artist (i.e. banners/logos)
– Core programmers: Handle the foundation code
– Developing programmmers: Develop the code (i.e. for an RPG add more quests and NPCs)
– Finesse programmers: Ensure all the code is well written and that no lag is created by the code
– General Composers
Testers – A reasonable skill and experience
– General testers
Designers – A reasonable skill and experience
– Framework Designers
– Idea and story designers
If you are interested please visit the other forums (which are under construction)
Thus far the only thing to have been discussed is a basic plot outline. However, most of the comments have done nothing to have a contribution to the subject. I don’t know if I can see the idea of a community game taking off, especially with the decrease in activity within the Game Maker universe. What do you think?
- GameMakerBlog in Top Ten of Top Gaming Blogs to Follow in 2018
- GameMaker Studio 2 Winter Sale brings warm savings to developers
- [Giveaway] Deios 2 Steam Key Holiday Giveaway
- GameMakerBlog Levels up with new IndieDevHelp initiative
- [Indie Interview] uZombie made in GameMaker!