Roket-Games, the site YoYoGames.com should have been, has today added the ability for game developers to easily sell their games.
Payments are made via PayPal with Roket-Games taking a small cut for controlling access to the full version. Submitted games will be moderated before they appear on the site to ensure that they are of sufficient quality to be sold and that the price is appropriate.
There is a nice earnings calculator which shows, for any sale price, the revenues received by the developer, Roket Games and PayPal. Full details on how the scheme will work are available here.
Currently there aren’t any games using the service and I imagine many of those who have created games of high enough quality to considering offering them for sale are able to design their own system to retail their product. This is however the most promising such programme launched directly by a member of the Game Maker Community, although until Roket Games can increase its audience there is little to convince people to use this over another game sale method.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios