YoYo Games’ Sandy Duncan has confirmed that Game Maker 8 will sell for the same price as its predecessor Game Maker 7 – $25. Of course this excludes those of you who have purchased (or will purchase) a Game Maker 7 upgrade at any time during 2009 as these purchasers are entitled to a free upgrade.
Sandy’s comments also suggest that it is the creation of a new “distribution system” to replace Softwrap which is holding up the final release date. Sandy has also confirmed that Game Maker 8 will not use Digital Rights Management.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios