- Opinion is divided at the Game Maker Community poll asking users whether they would prefer a pre-Christmas Game Maker 8 with Softwrap or at least a three month wait for a non-Softwrap release. Sandy had previously stated that Game Maker 8 would not use Softwrap but it appears this is his favoured option (and that of 56% of poll respondents so far).
- Earlier this week GMB’s NAL released 40 of his unfinished creations from the past five years at GameJolt. This is for all the people who never think they will finish a game and just goes to show that for every hit there are many more abandoned along the way.
- The eoCommunity, whose members include over 50 advanced Game Maker users, is back after a prolonged period of downtime. The problem was cited as a “minor technical issue”.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios