YoYo Games promised that the judging process for their sixth Game Maker competition would be “more transparent” however since the announcement of a contest status dashboard 12 days ago nothing has been heard.
In a post on September 1st Russell Kay wrote “We will be judging round 1 this week, where we will be looking at the entries that will move forward to the next round and we will be updating the information and the application as we proceed.”
Two weeks later there is no visible sign that judging has even begun (though a couple of people at YoYo have confirmed it has) with none of the 275 entered games being marked as ‘reviewed’ or appearing in Round 1 in the dashboard.
Where is the promised transparency?
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios