YoYo Games are currently hosting an app development challenge in collaboration with Microsoft to welcome the recent launch of Windows 8.
Entrants must submit their Windows 8 apps to the Windows Store by December 9th, 2012 for a chance to win 1 of 24 Visa gift cards, valued at $500 each.
The $12000 prize pool is not guaranteed as YoYo Games have reserved the right not to select a winner. Entrants must be aged 18 years or older, and are responsible for the registration fee required to become a Windows Store app publisher – $49 for individuals, $99 for companies.
Apps exported with the GameMaker: Studio Windows 8 module will not work on Windows Phone 8, however a post by YoYo Games CTO Russel Kay suggests that a Windows Phone 8 module may be sold separately in the future.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios