YoYo Games, the developers of GameMaker Studio, have posted a new tech blog article discussing how to profile the performance of GameMaker projects using the Debug Module. Below is an excerpt.
“If you are unfamiliar with the term, profiling is simply a way of checking a game’s performance while [it is] running, whether it’s checking the overall engine performance for bottlenecks, or checking individual functions to see which one is faster to use.”
The article discusses the potential that profiling has in optimizing and benchmarking GameMaker projects.
“With this new tool in your arsenal you can get a detailed look at how your games actually perform at a granular level.”
- [GameMaker Tutorial] How to setup a simple slot machine reward system
- [GameMaker Tutorial] Drawing custom health bars with sprite parts
- GameMaker Studio 2 Annouces official Mac version in newly released 2.1 milestone
- GameMaker Studio 2 adding C# region type syntax code folding soon
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th