The feature list for GameMaker Studio version 1.4 has finally been announced, and there are even a few surprises thrown in for good measure. YoYo Games CEO Sandy Duncan shared the announcement on Twitter and also hinted that the Xbox One export is coming soon.
Check out the list of GameMaker Studio version 1.4 features summarized below.
Here’s what will change in GameMaker Studio version 1.4…
- The recently launched GameMaker Marketplace will become part of the stable release
- Updates to the extension system will enable integration of external SDKs and frameworks for iOS and Android
- Changes to the audio system will introduce Audio Groups that can be loaded only when necessary
- Major updates to the physics library will introduce soft-body particle simulation using Liquid Fun
- Changes to the image editor will introduce onion skinning, RMB erase, and custom color pallets
- Changes to the user interface will introduce a search and filter option, and Script Groups
- Enumeration and (limited) pointers will be added
- The room editor will be overhauled (though not in the initial release)
The release date for GameMaker Studio version 1.4 is not currently known.
For a more detailed overview of the upcoming additions, check out the Tech Blog announcement »
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th
- [Tutorial] HTML5 games and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Pre-Order Free DLC brings Winter to the Old World
- Feedspot puts GameMaker Blog in top 50 Game Development Blogs
- Albion Online: Calls out DDOS Criminals during Server Restart