A new Game Maker magazine, named “The Independent Gamer”, debuted its first issue yesterday.
Issue 1 includes an article on game theory, an interview with Game Maker user Notcturne on the Game Jam, snippets of news, and obligatory GM game reviews. There are 20 pages of content in total, including the front and back covers.
You can grab a copy of the magazine for the rather ambitious fee of $4.50USD for a printed edition. Additionally, you can also freely purchase a digital copy, but with a registered account at MagCloud.
A mirror of the digital version on Dropbox has also been provided for those who wish not to subscribe to the MagCloud service.
The magazine has been developed by the “surviving members” of IndieGo magazine, who subsequently failed to make three issues of their previous endeavor.
In a post on the Game Maker Community, The Independent Gamer states that IndieGo, which was established only two months a go during mid-September of 2011, has now folded.
IndieGo was perhaps best known for causing controversy after announcing a false partnership with YoYo Games earlier this year, which eventually lead to YoYo Games CEO Sandy Duncan posting a Twitter update, where he denied knowing anything about it.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios