Game Maker consider going Open Source (well maybe one day).
Don’t think this will happen with the incompetence shown by YoYoGame so far, but you never know. A move away from registration based income to advertising revenue would obviously need to happen here but it would, if it happens, help increase the popularity of GameMaker and of course would result in more features for users.
Only Stencyl for competition, shame YoYo haven’t got this done, and are only “maybe one day [going to] think about going Open Source”.
- GameMakerBlog in Top Ten of Top Gaming Blogs to Follow in 2018
- GameMaker Studio 2 Winter Sale brings warm savings to developers
- [Giveaway] Deios 2 Steam Key Holiday Giveaway
- GameMakerBlog Levels up with new IndieDevHelp initiative
- [Indie Interview] uZombie made in GameMaker!