Game Maker consider going Open Source (well maybe one day).
Don’t think this will happen with the incompetence shown by YoYoGame so far, but you never know. A move away from registration based income to advertising revenue would obviously need to happen here but it would, if it happens, help increase the popularity of GameMaker and of course would result in more features for users.
Only Stencyl for competition, shame YoYo haven’t got this done, and are only “maybe one day [going to] think about going Open Source”.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios