YoYo Games planned to do away with the download option on their website, and instead only allow games to be played via their “InstantPlay” technology. Another reason to avoid YoYo it seems.
Fortunately other people agreed that this was not what they wanted, forcing Sandy to respond: “What I’m now proposing to do is add the ability for YOU to make your game Instant Play only (ie remove the download button yourselves) when you upload or edit your game.” Thank you. Finally, YYG are listening to the community that makes YYG possible.
They also seem pretty peeved at the Game Maker decompiler suggesting that they could take legal action against the makers of it. Seems more of a “don’t mess with us” threat than anything else.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios