YoYo Games planned to do away with the download option on their website, and instead only allow games to be played via their “InstantPlay” technology. Another reason to avoid YoYo it seems.
Fortunately other people agreed that this was not what they wanted, forcing Sandy to respond: “What I’m now proposing to do is add the ability for YOU to make your game Instant Play only (ie remove the download button yourselves) when you upload or edit your game.” Thank you. Finally, YYG are listening to the community that makes YYG possible.
They also seem pretty peeved at the Game Maker decompiler suggesting that they could take legal action against the makers of it. Seems more of a “don’t mess with us” threat than anything else.
- GameMakerBlog in Top Ten of Top Gaming Blogs to Follow in 2018
- GameMaker Studio 2 Winter Sale brings warm savings to developers
- [Giveaway] Deios 2 Steam Key Holiday Giveaway
- GameMakerBlog Levels up with new IndieDevHelp initiative
- [Indie Interview] uZombie made in GameMaker!