At a risk of sounding like gmnews, Chronic has announced that member post counts will once again be implemented at the GMC (from effect immediately).
Since the current IPB powered GMC came into existence in 2003 there have never been public post counts. The previous eZboard forum did have post counts but a decision was made not to continue the feature. Now after 5 years it appears there has been a change of heart, as Chronic puts it “Yes, we DO listen“. Although I don’t remember seeing anyone request this feature for the past 4 years.
Sadly everyone starts with a post count of 0 as of today, regardless of how many posts they have made at the GameMaker Community. Chronic also said that other changes may be coming.
I’ve no idea why they suddenly reintroduced the feature – perhpas YoYo hope it will encourage people to become more active at the newly rebranded forum.
Update: 5:33 PM GMT:
The GMC is now showing valid-looking post counts, making ragarnak the most active forum user with over 11,000 posts.
- GameMakerBlog in Top Ten of Top Gaming Blogs to Follow in 2018
- GameMaker Studio 2 Winter Sale brings warm savings to developers
- [Giveaway] Deios 2 Steam Key Holiday Giveaway
- GameMakerBlog Levels up with new IndieDevHelp initiative
- [Indie Interview] uZombie made in GameMaker!