Indie gaming website GameJolt (website | GMB review) has launched a beta version of their ad revenue sharing scheme. The website, which also hosts games written in languages other than Game Maker, will pay developers a percentage of the advertising income derived from any pages relating to a particular developer.
For developers that sign up in the beta period the proportion of revenue shared with the developer is set at 50%. Developers are also free to include their own advertisements within their games for a potential financial extra gain or cross-product promotion.
YoYo Games are yet to release any details on any their proposed revenue-sharing scheme first hinted at by Sandy in February 2008 (see links below) but there have been various failed community-instigated attempts.
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th
- [Tutorial] HTML5 games and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Pre-Order Free DLC brings Winter to the Old World
- Feedspot puts GameMaker Blog in top 50 Game Development Blogs
- Albion Online: Calls out DDOS Criminals during Server Restart