Indie gaming website GameJolt (website | GMB review) has launched a beta version of their ad revenue sharing scheme. The website, which also hosts games written in languages other than Game Maker, will pay developers a percentage of the advertising income derived from any pages relating to a particular developer.
For developers that sign up in the beta period the proportion of revenue shared with the developer is set at 50%. Developers are also free to include their own advertisements within their games for a potential financial extra gain or cross-product promotion.
YoYo Games are yet to release any details on any their proposed revenue-sharing scheme first hinted at by Sandy in February 2008 (see links below) but there have been various failed community-instigated attempts.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios