Indie gaming website GameJolt (website | GMB review) has launched a beta version of their ad revenue sharing scheme. The website, which also hosts games written in languages other than Game Maker, will pay developers a percentage of the advertising income derived from any pages relating to a particular developer.
For developers that sign up in the beta period the proportion of revenue shared with the developer is set at 50%. Developers are also free to include their own advertisements within their games for a potential financial extra gain or cross-product promotion.
YoYo Games are yet to release any details on any their proposed revenue-sharing scheme first hinted at by Sandy in February 2008 (see links below) but there have been various failed community-instigated attempts.
- GameMaker Studio 2 Winter Sale brings warm savings to developers
- [Giveaway] Deios 2 Steam Key Holiday Giveaway
- GameMakerBlog Levels up with new IndieDevHelp initiative
- [Indie Interview] uZombie made in GameMaker!
- [Giveaway] LetThemCome rewards GameMaker Community with chances to win free steam keys