YoYo Games have just announced their biggest competition to date, with cash prizes valued at $35,000, and additional software prizes worth up to $85,000.
The ‘Win Big’ competition requires entrants to use GameMaker Studio to create games for Windows 8, submit them to the Windows Store, and have them pass Windows Store Certification before 28th June 2013. The competition lasts for just under 2 months and is open to both new and previously-created games alike. While this puts a dampener on the concept of genuine competition, at least one cash prize is offered for the “best new game”.
To enter, a Windows Store Developer Account is required, however YoYo Games are offering 200 free developer accounts to entrants.
Cash prizes include:
- $10,000 for 1st place
- $5,000 for 2nd place
- $1,000 for 5 x 3rd place prizes
- $5,000 for best new game
- 50 x $200 runner up prizes
Additional software prizes are also available.
Furthermore, since this competition is for GameMaker Studio users only, YoYo Games are offering a discounted upgrade from GameMaker 7, 8, and 8.1 to GameMaker Studio Professional for only $50, as opposed to the usual rate of $99.
Terms and conditions apply.
Will you be entering? Leave a comment below.
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios
- GameMakerBlog in Top Ten of Top Gaming Blogs to Follow in 2018
- GameMaker Studio 2 Winter Sale brings warm savings to developers
- [Giveaway] Deios 2 Steam Key Holiday Giveaway
- GameMakerBlog Levels up with new IndieDevHelp initiative