YoYo Games have announced that the price of GameMaker Studio Master Collection will be increasing in mid-August 2013. In an email sent to mailing list subscribers, customers are advised to “take advantage of the current and very low $499.99 price of GameMaker Studio Master Collection.” As of version 1.2, the price of GameMaker Studio Master Collection will increase by 60% to $799.99.
Customers who purchase GameMaker Studio Master Collection are currently provided with newly released modules for free, though in a recent post Game Maker Blog discussed the ambiguity of YoYo Game’s “free modules” offer after a GameMaker forum administrator suggested that the offer was only guaranteed until version 1.2. YoYo Games have now promised that customers who purchase GameMaker Studio Master Collection will receive “all current and future export modules as they are made available.”
The email also notes that a new “YoYo Compiler” will be sold separately for $299.99, which will apparently “increase performance 100 fold.” It is not clear if customers who purchase GameMaker Studio Master Collection prior to the 1.2 release will receive the YoYo Compiler for free, though sources suggest they will.
If paying this much for GameMaker sounds ridiculous to you, remember that GameMaker 8.1 for Windows is available for $39.99.
- [GameMaker Tutorial] How to setup a simple slot machine reward system
- [GameMaker Tutorial] Drawing custom health bars with sprite parts
- GameMaker Studio 2 Annouces official Mac version in newly released 2.1 milestone
- GameMaker Studio 2 adding C# region type syntax code folding soon
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th