YoYo Games, the developers of GameMaker Studio, have posted a new tech blog article explaining how to use a recently added feature, “accessors”, which are designed to make data structures and arrays more flexible and easier to work with. Below is an excerpt.
“Accessors are simple logical expressions that permit you to add or change values within the structure, and they are written in a similar way as you would for working with arrays, only we use a special identifier symbol before the first argument…”
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios