I started this as a small personal experiment to track which Game Maker sites were the most popular. Yes, we have Alexa traffic ranks (which many people will tell you are not worth the webspace they are hosted on), but there are also a number of other ranking sites out there. So I compiled data from various traffic ranking sites and threw in data on the number of inbound links tracked by iWebTool and the amount of traffic these sites have sent to GameMakerBlog in the past month.
The table below shows the results for 13 GameMaker sites, tracked 10 days apart. These are not necessarily the most trafficked Game Maker sites, most of the big ones are in there and I also threw in other personal favourites of mine and a few random sites to see how they compared with the others.
The ‘Score’ for each site is calculated by adding together it’s ranking in each aspect compared to the other sites, the lowest score possible would be zero this would occur if a site had the top position in each of the five categories.
This data is of course probably useless and unfair, but if you want to take a look here it is….
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios