“If you are developing for Windows and Mac platforms, it is worth noting that you can create a single extension with only one set of functions which will work on both platforms. This is achieved by adding only one of the link libraries to your game as an extension and placing the other in the Included Files… ”
The tech blog doesn’t go into detail about actually coding your own extensions, though it should be a useful guide for developers who are unfamiliar with GameMaker Studio’s extension system.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios