I was lucky enough to have been given a preview of the second episode of GMKing’s Game Maker podcast, which this week features Zack (a.k.a darksys92 on the GMC) stepping in for Eyas. The main difference is that this second episode at 19 minutes is about two-thirds the length of the pilot which, I think, makes for an improvement.
The encoding has been done at double the bit rate of the pilot episode making for a much better sound quality. Issues discussed include the open-source stencyl game creation software, porting Game Maker creations to other platforms and browser compatibility. Robin even managed to get in a quick plug for GameMakerBlog, and news of the YoYoGames endorsement was also there.
If you switch off you iTunes cross-fader you also get to hear my 9 second jingle at the end. Can’t say fairer than that.
An excellent episode has been produced by Robin, Zack and Eyas who provided a list of topics to talk about.
Game Maker Podcast – Episode Two (~8MB)
- GameMaker Studio 2 adding C# region type syntax code folding soon
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th
- [Tutorial] HTML5 games and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Pre-Order Free DLC brings Winter to the Old World
- Feedspot puts GameMaker Blog in top 50 Game Development Blogs