Games available via Instant Play on the YoYo Games website can now be decompiled following the release of the second version of a GameMaker decompiler authored by Clam.
“Anyway, it does pretty much everything the old one didn’t:
- Decompiles Instant Play games
- Extracts extensions from GM7 games
- Extracts Game Icon, exe info
- Shows a progress dialog rather than freezing
- Fixes a bug that I know at least one person exploited to make their game “undecompilable”
…I decided to make this tool public mainly because it was leaked, but also to make a point about the gmk encryption. The gmk encryption was designed to stop 3rd party projects, and has effectively achieved nothing but annoyance to these projects. Furthermore, the documenting of the gmk decryption scheme led to its testing on executables and hence the making of this tool”
Clam, GM Decompiler v2.0 publisher
Also on GameMaker Blog:
- GameMakerBlog in Top Ten of Top Gaming Blogs to Follow in 2018
- GameMaker Studio 2 Winter Sale brings warm savings to developers
- [Giveaway] Deios 2 Steam Key Holiday Giveaway
- GameMakerBlog Levels up with new IndieDevHelp initiative
- [Indie Interview] uZombie made in GameMaker!