2009 Community Awards Vote

on December 16, 2009 - 4607 Views

Voting has opened in GameMakerBlog.com’s 2009 Game Maker community awards.  Thank you to everyone who nominated candidates they thought deserving of recognition for the services they provide to Game Maker users.

You may vote once in each category upto the 31st of December.  The votes will then be checked and the winners announced on January 1st.

Although I did not spend as much time as I would have liked promoting the awards I must admit my disappointment in the low number of nominations received which resulted in three awards receiving only one nomination each.  Therefore I will accept write-in votes at my own discretion.

[poll id=”11″]

[poll id=”12″]

[poll id=”9″]

[poll id=”13″]

[poll id=”10″]

19 Responses to 2009 Community Awards Vote

1. […] Congratulations to all the winners in our 2009 Community Awards! […]

2. […] is still a week left to vote for your favourite Game Maker websites and services in our 2009 awards. Leave a comment | […]

3. F says:

@Hardcoregamer a few magazines were skiped out. i think he was only showing the big/popular ones. its okay with me 🙂

4. NAL says:

Some extra nominations if needed/wanted:

Best non-English GM site: gm-rus.ru, gmitalia.altervista.org, gmbr.forumeiros.com

Best source of tutorials: gmtoolbox.com, YYG (tutorial section)

5. Caniac says:

I would like to see a section for video shows 🙂
    I nominate all shows listed here: http://gamemakerblog.com/2009/08/26/are-game-maker-video-shows-the-new-magazines/

6. Hardcoregamer says:

Wow, Tailware wasnt even considered.lol. I feel like the USSR during the Cold War.

7. @Mordi As a comment here

@Blijbol You can make a write in vote

@Jonathan Martin And because it shows two votes as coming from “Jonathan Martin” in the results.

8. Blijbol says:

Phil Gamble :
    @Blijbol — but no-one did nominate it.
    If we repeat these awards next year I will be sure to make certain that the category is better promoted and attracts more nominations by contacting foreign language sites.

The number of nominations instead dropped from three to one. I suggest renaming the category into “Best Polish Game Maker Website”.

9. Mordi says:

Where would one nominate?

10. @Jonathan Martin That is why “The votes will then be checked and the winners announced on January 1st.”. I can see you have made a duplicate vote for GMLive.

11. Broxter says:

@F1ak3r
    There are five separate polls in the post. Probably why.

12. Given that there are only 2 categories with multiple nominations and that for at least one of them my preferred choice is not listed I’d say this competition is meaningless.
    I would recommend giving users some additional nomination time and give more attention to them then a single news post floaded with earlier and later news posts to make it hard to notice.

13. Jonathan Martin says:

@Philip Gamble
    Its clear I have. I’ve basicly told you I have.

14. F1ak3r says:

In the RSS entry, “Note: a poll is embedded within this post, please visit the site to participate in this post’s poll” is duplicated like six times.

15. F says:

edit: jk

Alright. Voted.

16. Brad says:

It’s too bad there weren’t more nominations. The “Most exciting launch of the year” was a tough decision though. All three of those options were great launches.

17. Jonathan Martin says:

Not very it seems. I can change my ip and delete cookies and it works.

18. Jonathan Martin says:

How cheat un-friendly is this poll?

19. GMVision.tv » Blog Archive » GMLive: Discussion Topics (12-19) says: