Recent days have seen YoYo Games truly communicating with its community for the first time since it came into existence. We’ve had an upgraded forum with a new skin, frank admissions of YoYo’s shortcomings and the re-introduction of post counts.
On top of that I am now frequently seeing Mark Overmars and Sandy Duncan online at the GMC and they have been posting more frequently. I’m not sure what bought about this change but it is certainly for the good of the community – finally YoYo staff are commenting publicly on issues that effect Game Maker users.
Chronic has hinted at further changes to the GMC, anyone care to think what is coming?
- A skin changer has been mentioned by several members and administrative staff since the YoYo Games theme came along, but there have been conflicting responses to whether or not the feature is coming. Thankfully the new theme is not as bad as I thought it would be – it appears that YoYo have decided to keep the GMC similar to its previous format.
- Having 2 different forums really doesn’t help. The YoYo Games forum really serves no purpose, other than to display ads. It runs on inferior software, is slow loading appears to be more of a general chat forum than anything else. Why divide the community when it could all be together.
What would you like to see? What do you think is coming?
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios