YoYo Games CEO Sandy Duncan has confirmed that GameMaker Studio 2.0 is currently in production. He stated on Twitter that “we’re working on GameMaker Studio 2.0” and that it will run natively on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
There is no set date for public availability yet, but hopefully we will see a beta release later this year or in early 2015.
Few other details are currently known about GameMaker Studio 2.0 but there is the possibility of a subscription model being introduced.
Do you think existing GameMaker Studio owners will get this new version for free? If not, would you be willing to pay for a new version of the engine?
Let us know in the comments below.
- [GameMaker Tutorial] How to setup a simple slot machine reward system
- [GameMaker Tutorial] Drawing custom health bars with sprite parts
- GameMaker Studio 2 Annouces official Mac version in newly released 2.1 milestone
- GameMaker Studio 2 adding C# region type syntax code folding soon
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th