YoYo Games CEO Sandy Duncan has confirmed that GameMaker Studio 2.0 is currently in production. He stated on Twitter that “we’re working on GameMaker Studio 2.0” and that it will run natively on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
There is no set date for public availability yet, but hopefully we will see a beta release later this year or in early 2015.
Few other details are currently known about GameMaker Studio 2.0 but there is the possibility of a subscription model being introduced.
Do you think existing GameMaker Studio owners will get this new version for free? If not, would you be willing to pay for a new version of the engine?
Let us know in the comments below.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios