YoYo Games CEO Sandy Duncan has confirmed that GameMaker Studio 2.0 is currently in production. He stated on Twitter that “we’re working on GameMaker Studio 2.0” and that it will run natively on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
There is no set date for public availability yet, but hopefully we will see a beta release later this year or in early 2015.
Few other details are currently known about GameMaker Studio 2.0 but there is the possibility of a subscription model being introduced.
Do you think existing GameMaker Studio owners will get this new version for free? If not, would you be willing to pay for a new version of the engine?
Let us know in the comments below.
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios
- GameMakerBlog in Top Ten of Top Gaming Blogs to Follow in 2018
- GameMaker Studio 2 Winter Sale brings warm savings to developers