Sandy Duncan, CEO of YoYo Games, has said that he supports a monthly subscription model for use of the GameMaker software. Presumably, a subscription model would provide cheaper initial access to functionality that is already offered at set prices, such as exporting to platforms like iOS, Android, and HTML5.
We’ve included a poll to measure community support for the idea. Cast your vote below!
If you already own the Master Collection or all of the export modules that you’re interested in, please vote as if you had the option to pay for a subscription prior to buying them.
Consider sharing this post on social media to help us get better results. Don’t forget to leave a comment explaining your vote too!
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios