With the recent launch of the official GameMaker asset store we’re starting to see useful GameMaker engines, resources, and tools spotlighted in a streamlined and centralized format. The new asset store is already proving to be an influential addition to the GameMaker ecosystem. In this new series we’ll be highlighting some of our favorite marketplace assets.
Improve your projects using the assets listed below.
This collection of stylized abstract playing cards by Amazing Design is one of the more eye-catching assets on the store. Suited to a neon interpretation of poker or blackjack, these playing cards could be used to reimagine a variety of classic concepts. Perhaps we’ll see more casino-themed assets from this publisher, such as mobile slots, dice, or roulette.
This popular script by Killer is used to draw a trail effect behind an object. The script is configurable and the functionality is solid, but unfortunately it doesn’t work on all platforms.
This script by NAL Games is also proving to be popular. It does exactly what it says on the box. Using this script you can easily draw a string of text in a circle, and you can even configure the radius of the circle.
Don’t forget to support the publishers by checking out their other assets.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios