The game itself is an infinite action platform inspired by the likes of indie titles Super Crate Box and Risk of Rain, both of which were also built using the GameMaker engine. Cavern Kings features randomized levels and creatures, and an excessive amount of explosions.
The successfully funded project was made with GameMaker Studio. Kickstarter has been a valuable fundraising platform for GameMaker developers. Cavern Kings joins the growing ranks of GameMaker projects that have been successfully funded on Kickstarter.
Cavern Kings will be available on Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios
- GameMakerBlog in Top Ten of Top Gaming Blogs to Follow in 2018
- GameMaker Studio 2 Winter Sale brings warm savings to developers