The game itself is an infinite action platform inspired by the likes of indie titles Super Crate Box and Risk of Rain, both of which were also built using the GameMaker engine. Cavern Kings features randomized levels and creatures, and an excessive amount of explosions.
The successfully funded project was made with GameMaker Studio. Kickstarter has been a valuable fundraising platform for GameMaker developers. Cavern Kings joins the growing ranks of GameMaker projects that have been successfully funded on Kickstarter.
Cavern Kings will be available on Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.
- [GameMaker Tutorial] How to setup a simple slot machine reward system
- [GameMaker Tutorial] Drawing custom health bars with sprite parts
- GameMaker Studio 2 Annouces official Mac version in newly released 2.1 milestone
- GameMaker Studio 2 adding C# region type syntax code folding soon
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th