There was much annoyance at the fact what defines Civilization, there was a total of 260 entries into the competition, the deadline was increased after someone at YYG thought it would be a good idea to try and move the whole website over to a new server – near the end of the contest. But it is finally over.
After so long waiting for YoYo Games to reveal the results, they are now here. Be prepared to be shocked…
3rd Place, [$250]: Tut’s Test by KCLC
A really well implemented 3D puzzle game with a lot of charm. Tut’s Test is truly testing and achieving the perfect score can become something of a compulsion. Read More
2nd Place [$500]: Caveman Craig by RhysAndrews
The finest caveman simulator we have ever played. The game combines beautiful graphics with a surprisingly challenging battle for survival. Read More
1st Place, [$1,000]: Ancient Ants Adventure by RedSystem
Another great isometric shooter from RedSystem. You are a race of (Egyptian?) ants, fighting tooth and claw for survival against a compelling range of nasties. Read More
The next competition is already underway and you have until August 24th, 2008 to submit your games. Click here for more information on the YYG Co-operation Competition.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios