GameMaker Studio 1.3 Officially Launched
May 30, 2014
YoYo Games have announced the general availability of GameMaker Studio version 1.3 which introduces many new features to the 2D game development engine. With today’s free update, developers will have access to an all-new debugger allowing users to simplify and streamline the debugging process and, for the first time, debug from mobile devices. Additionally, GameMaker Studio’s extensions system has been modified to permit third party SDKs and native code to be integrated into games.
Flash developers will be able to use the new Flash Asset Importer to incorporate SWF and vector graphics into their games without compromising the quality of the images. And, with today’s update, licensed PlayStation developers now have the ability to publish GameMaker Studio games for the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita.
New features available in version 1.3 include:
- Debugger – An entirely new GameMaker Studio debugger includes full source level debugging, break points and watch windows. It will also target cross platform support, allowing remote debugging of Mac, Android and iOS devices.
- Extensions – Windows and HTML5 already allow custom extensions, so this will add them to iOS and Android.
- Flash Asset Importer – Allows importing of certain Flash assets directly, including vector images and SWF files.
- True Type Fonts – The ability to add true type fonts to your game from an external file and support for non-roman alphabet languages.
- 2D Animation Runtime – Introduces the ability to visualize in GameMaker Studio any assets imported from Flash or Spine.
- Push Notifications – Integration of push notifications initially available for Android, iOS and Tizen platforms.
- PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita Exports Launch – Licensed PlayStation developers can now publish GameMaker Studio games for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita. Find out more about becoming a licensed PlayStation developer »
10 Replies to “GameMaker Studio 1.3 Officially Launched”
The debugger seems to be functioning well for me and what’s it with these guys and releasing incomplete and buggy SW..
Where is the new IDE that was supposed to be release late last year? YoyoGames, please stop adding feature after feature and rewrite the damn IDE already!
New debugger isn’t that bad, but I expected some sensible presets to start using it immediately. Large announcements are just marketing ways. If someone has his project started in 1.2, there’s no reason to hurry up and upgrade due to debugger.
I’m sticking with 1.2 for now, until there’s a good Admob extension for Android. The current extension doesn’t work for me.
true, but if you read the Android forums on GMC we founds solutions to this, and use the new helpdesk demov2 works well
Yes, I’ve kept reading the forums and I’ve been happily using 1.3 for a couple of weeks now. Thanks for the heads up.
Uhh… To enable new debugger you need to go into file-> preferences-> scripts and code->bottom-left corner-> check “enable new debugger”
I’ve tested it and it is totally bugged. It does not show any information at all. Global and local variables are not showing up, including instance ID’s.
HOLY **** VECTOR ASSETS TOOK YOUR BLOODY TIME YAAAAAY
Okay, I stand corrected: The debugger is hidden AND disabled by default, what’s kind of stupid, but okay, it’s there.
“Debugger — An entirely new GameMaker Studio debugger includes full source level debugging, break points and watch windows. It will also target cross platform support, allowing remote debugging of Mac, Android and iOS devices.”
Wrong. As of v.1.3.1344, we still don’t have the debugger.