The second beta version of Game Maker 8 has been released and can be downloaded from the Mantis bug-tracker.
The feature list remains that same as for the first beta, which was released at the start of July, however there have been a number of small additions and some bug fixes and changes which are listed here.
Games created with the first beta are not compatible with the second due to optimisation of the saving and loading procedure which resulted in a change to the file format of saved games.
disk_size(drive) Returns the size of the indicated drive in bytes. drive must be a capital letter, e.g. ‘C’. If you do not provide the drive the drive of the current working directory is used.
disk_free(drive) Returns the amount of free space on the indicated drive in bytes. drive must be a capital letter, e.g. ‘C’. If you do not provide the drive the drive of the current working directory is used.
gamemaker_version The version of Game Maker. This is an integer. For version 8.0 this can be anything between 800 and 809. For version 8.1 this will be something between 810 and 819, etc. So never check a particular version but better check for a range. This variable is not available in version before 800.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios