The GMC Reviewers Choice sub-forum launched as part of the main Game Maker Community during February of last year may be nearing an end, following apparent slowness with the acceptence of new reviewers and the flow of content.
“Truth be told, because of the lack of input in this forum, we’re considering axeing it completely” [sic] wrote GMC moderator Takagi in May of this year.
The suggestion of removing the subforum has created passionate reaction. GMC reviewer chance suggested that Reviewers Choice is the only area of the community that “represents an effort at intelligent content” claiming that other areas of the forum, specifically the Distributing Games section, are “garbage” in comparison.
Multiple budding reviewers attempting to get a chance to write for the forum have stated that the reviewing process is slow and “demotivating”.
“I’ve been trying to get a review of my own posted here for like 4 months.” orange08 said, a user attempting to contribute content.
Despite this, moderators associated with the forum insist that applications are still open to people who wish to publish their reviews. In the meantime the publishing of content remains slow, with only one review being posted this month.
- GameMaker Studio 2 adding C# region type syntax code folding soon
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th
- [Tutorial] HTML5 games and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Pre-Order Free DLC brings Winter to the Old World
- Feedspot puts GameMaker Blog in top 50 Game Development Blogs