YoYo Games, the developers of GameMaker Studio, have posted a new tech blog article discussing how to properly scale games to fit various devices and resolutions.
The two-part series, aimed at intermediate and experienced users, focuses on manipulating the GUI layer and views using the GameMaker language.
The GUI Layer
“Scaling your game can be a headache for many users and hopefully through these articles we can help to make it a simpler task and provide you with a framework within which to get the correct results every time.”
The Game View
“Making your game fill the whole device display is easy, but making it fill the display and look correct (ie: no blurring or stretching) is not, so in this tech blog we will cover various different methods that you can choose from to scale the game properly.”
- [GameMaker Tutorial] How to setup a simple slot machine reward system
- [GameMaker Tutorial] Drawing custom health bars with sprite parts
- GameMaker Studio 2 Annouces official Mac version in newly released 2.1 milestone
- GameMaker Studio 2 adding C# region type syntax code folding soon
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th