YoYo Games, the developers of GameMaker Studio, have posted a new tech blog article discussing how to properly scale games to fit various devices and resolutions.
The two-part series, aimed at intermediate and experienced users, focuses on manipulating the GUI layer and views using the GameMaker language.
The GUI Layer
“Scaling your game can be a headache for many users and hopefully through these articles we can help to make it a simpler task and provide you with a framework within which to get the correct results every time.”
The Game View
“Making your game fill the whole device display is easy, but making it fill the display and look correct (ie: no blurring or stretching) is not, so in this tech blog we will cover various different methods that you can choose from to scale the game properly.”
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios