AdSense for Games
October 8, 2008
Google have launched a beta of their in-game advertising solution, dubbed “AdSense for games”.
The program makes it easy to display ads in placements the game creator defines, such as before a game, after a level, or when the game is over. The beta is currently only accepting publishers with high traffic levels.
I am not aware of the requirements needed to use adverts within your games, but the examples so far appear to be flash games.
An example of how the in-game advertising will look can be seen in the video below:
YoYo Games have still not released any further news on the in-game advertising they announced they were considering introducing in February of this year.
3 Replies to “AdSense for Games”
Do you need to meet one of these requirements (the one about content) or all of them? 😛
Here’s the current requirements taken from the Google application page:
1. Game plays: Minimum 500,000 per day
2. Game types: Web-based Flash only
3. Integration: Must be technically capable of SDK integration
4. Traffic source: Must be 80% US & UK Traffic
5. Content: Family safe and targeted at users age 13 and up
6. Distribution: Must be able to report embed destination and have control over where games are distributed
Cool. Let’s hope that they consider letting lesser known, non-Flash users use the system. Though I doubt it.